Sunday, July 30, 2017

Brooklyn's Birth Story


Now it's time for Miss Brooklyn's birth story. I should of written these while they were fresh in my mind and where time hasn't passed like it has. Oh well, I'm writing them now and that's what matters.

We were living in the trailer park by the airport and Thomas had just turned two months old. I was on the depo shot and had 2 more weeks to go before I had to get another one. My period was late that month, which I thought it was just the stress of having a two year old and a newborn. After not getting my period for a week, I suspected that I might be pregnant. So I went and bought a test. I had tested the next morning and it was positive. Matthew had come home from work later that day, and I told him.

We were both in shock because my doctor had told us the shot was the best birth control at that time. God had other plans for us apparently. We were in shock but at the same time happy. I used the same doctor I had that delivered Thomas' which was a horrible idea but still couldn't find a diffferent one.

My first appointment went really well and I had found out my doctor was pregnant as well and she was due around Decemeber. She had sent me for a sonogram later that day. I found out I was about 12 weeks along and we couldn't tell what the baby was at that time. All we knew so far was that the baby was healthy and pregnancy was going well so far. The sonogram lady had told us we would be due around decemeber the 9th. She scheduled another sonogram for when I would be 20 weeks along to see what we were having.

We went to the sonogram that was scheduled at 20 weeks and found out we were having another baby girl. I was excited and didn't care what we were having as long as the baby was healthy. Matthew really wanted another boy, but he was happy she was going to be healthy. The pregnancy and appointments kept going once a month until I hit 36 weeks. Once I hit 36 weeks I went once a week.

We had cooked dinner for Thanksgiving at his parents house and his Aunt Stephanie and grandma were there. We were all talking and she asked me "How are you feeling?" I told her "I'm good just tired". She had asked me if Rayna and Thomas were full term or early. I had told her they were both on time right on their due date. She said " Well, You're due to have one early". Now that was a jynx in itself.

Around 3am on November 30th, 2011 the contractions started so I texted Matthew that I was in labor. He had left to a rig that night, He called me and asked me if I was sure. I said "Yes I am but they are not that close yet. So I tried to go back to sleep. The contractions worsened and I had completely woken up around 5am and told him to call his parents because I'm in labor and I need to get to the hospital soon. He called his parents, and while he did that I packed up what Thomas and Rayna would need to stay with them until their sister was born. I had everything ready for the hospital, when his father showed up. He hurried and loaded everything in the car and kids, then we headed to their house so his mom could take me to the hospital. Once we got to the house, his mother and I got into the van and she drove me to the hospital.

Once we got to the UMC in Lubbock, I checked in and they took me to the delivery room. When they checked me I was at 7 centimeters. The nurse came in about 6 am and asked me if I needed anything, I said "I want the epidural if I can still get it". She said "Of course, I'll go get them. "When the epidural man came in they had some issues giving it to me as I only felt it on my left side not both sides. It took them forever to give it to me. Once they got it, I felt better and was able to relax. I was texting Matthew and family members to let them know she was on her way. Matthew had called his work office and told them that he needed to leave because I was having the baby. They had no one to relieve him so he had to wait until noon because Charles had taken off to oklahoma for a girl he barely knew. His mother and the nurse kept guessing what time I would have her, his mom said 1:15pm and the nurse said 1:45 pm . They came and checked me about 12:45 pm and said I was at a 10 and ready to push because she's coming.

I was prepped for delivery and about 1:00 pm they told me to push. I started pushing and finally after 3 or 4 pushes she was here. She cried right away. I had another beautiful baby girl. She was 7 lbs 9 oz and was born Novemeber 30th, 2011. She was beautiful and perfect. 10 minutes later Matthew had walked in. He came right up and looked at her and kissed her head. Brooklyn completed our beautiful family. She shares her wonderful birthday with her Aunt Stephanie!!

Isabelle's birth story coming soon!! Keep an eye out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment