Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Rayna's Birth Story


I decided I wanted to write about my birth stories for all four of my beautiful children. My firstborn and oldest daughter is Rayna, so you will be reading hers.

It was January of 2009, when I started dating Matthew. I fell in love with him and just knew from the beginning he was the one for me. One day in March, he had noticed my appetite had grown and some other things and he was all "Babe, you're pregnant". I was like "no I'm not, wait how would you know?". We ended up getting a pregnancy test and it showed positive so I took like 3 more to be sure. Turns out I was indeed pregnant.

We had moved to Andrews, Texas in August of 2009 and we lived with his sister Rachel and her family for a while, until Matthew got some checks coming in to get our own place and baby stuff. I had my first appointment shortly after we moved there and a sonogram. We had found out that I was due December 13th, 2009 and we were expecting a baby girl. I was healthy and so was the baby. We were so happy and excited but I was afraid at the same time.As it got closer to my due date I had a appointment on Decemeber 10th, 2009 in which my doctor confirmed that I was 2cm dialated and 80% effaced. He said that he believes she will be here this weekend, which I later found out he was correct.

Saturday I started having contractions off and on. We waited until they got 8 minutes apart then went to his sister Rachel's house where his mom had been down visiting and she made me walk and drink water to make sure the contractions weren't Braxton Hicks. They were definitely real contractions. She kept them timed for me in between using the restroom, drinking water and walking around. Once the contrations got to 5 minutes apart his mom, rachel, and us went to the hospital. We got to the hospital at 3 or 4 am. When they checked me they said I was at 4cm which the contractions weren't hurting much then but I went ahead and got the epidural.

The nurse kept coming and checking on me, checking the consistency of the contractions, which I had fallen asleep because I couldn't feel anything after the epidural. Around 11:45am They told me I was fully dialated and ready to push. We did the crowning and then next thing I knew Matthew and his mom were by my side as the nurses were telling me to push. I pushed and at 12:08pm on sunday Decemeber 13th, 2009 I had given birth to a beautiful and perfect baby girl. We named her Rayna, she was 7lbs 6 1/4oz. We were so happy and the labor and delivery went very smoothly. I had never been so in love with someone as much as I was her. I couldn't believe that my body made this amazing little person that is half Matthew and half me. I was in love, she was perfect and we had started our little family.

I was released the next day after doing so much paperwork. The hospital made matthew and I a steak dinner before we left the hospital. It was an amazing steak dinner with the best oreo cake dessert ever!. We got home and it was just a amazing delivery. I was very blessed it went so smoothly. I had an amazing doctor and nurses. They took very good care of me and my daughter. I couldn't believe it I was a mother to this little piece of perfection.

Rayna has grown into such a sweet, smart, sassy, amazing, and beautiful little 7 year old girl. She is my mini me with my attitude and sass. I love her more than words can express. We bump heads a lot because like I said before she's my mini me, but I love her endlessly and when I look at her I couldn't be more proud of who she is as a person. I'm so blessed to have my little Roo bear who is my first child that I have made the most mistakes with. She has turned out to be such a light in my life and in every person's life that she meets. She's such a blessing and a challenge. She keeps me on my toes, but there's nothing I would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment